We’re so excited you’re ready to submit your application to our professional certificate program. Your completed application tells us a lot about you. Take time to think through your answers and personal statement. We are evaluating your passion and commitment through the initiative you take throughout this process.
1. FORM: Carefully read the entire Application Form before you begin. Complete every section and be sure to initial/sign where indicated. Don’t forget to attach your personal statement and resume in your email.
2. FEE: A $50 Non-refundable Application Fee is required for processing your application, this fee can be paid online.
If you are accepted, the application fee will be applied toward your tuition.
3. RECOMMENDATIONS: SFCS requires two (2) professional recommendations which should be submitted via our Submission Form. These should be one to two short paragraphs that speak to what you are like to work with and your professional habits. They can come from a manager, co-worker, client, professional mentor, or if you are currently a student or have recently graduated, a teacher or administrator. These references help us get to know your work habits and professional manner and we do not want them to speak to your cooking skills of ability. It’s best to ask for these as soon as you begin the application process.
4. INTERVIEW: Local applicants are required to come to school in person for the opportunity to shadow a class and for an interview with the Director of Admissions. Non-local applicants are required to speak with the Director of Admissions as well as with your program instructor.
5. INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS: If you require a student visa, you must first be accepted into one of our full-time programs, at which time we will issue you an I-20 to begin the visa process, it can take several months to obtain your M-1 visa so we suggest applying to SFCS 3-4 months prior to your desired start date.