Thank you for your interest in San Francisco Cooking School. We are excited to receive your application.
How to Apply
Your completed application tells us a lot about you. Take time to think through your answers and personal statement. We are evaluating your passion and commitment through the initiative you take throughout this process.
A complete application will require the following:
- Personal statement
- Professional resume or work history
- Visa requirement and TOEFL scores (if necessary)
- Two (2) professional letters of recommendation via our Submission Form: http://bit.ly/SFCSRecLetter
- Non-refundable application fee of $50
Submitting your application:
- Applications can be emailed directly to the Admissions Department: admissions@
- We recommend submitting your application even if your letters of recommendation aren’t complete. The letters can be submitted by your recommenders directly via this form: http://bit.ly/SFCSRecLetter
- Proof of education in the form of an official transcript or GED results are not required as part of your application, but will be requested prior to enrollment.
If you require a student visa, you must first be accepted into one of our full-time programs, at which time we will issue you an I-20 to begin the visa process. It can take several months to obtain your M-1 visa so we suggest applying to SFCS 3-4 months prior to your desired start date.
Once we receive your application, we will invite you to SFCS for an interview and a visit in the kitchen so you can experience what a typical day as a student is like. If you’re not local to the Bay Area this interview will take place via phone.
We are currently processing applications for sessions that start within the next twelve months. We accept qualified applicants on a rolling basis and the turnaround time for decisions is typically two weeks.